ConceptKCTCS/KCTCSConcept Frequently Asked Questions-Selective Admissions | BCTC

Important Notice

alert iconBCTC will be closed Monday, September 1st in observance of Labor Day.
[More Info]
Photo of Technical Student

Frequently Asked Questions-Selective Admissions

Can I apply for two nursing programs?

Students can only apply for one RN program (either Cooper or Lawrenceburg) and one PN program (either Leestown or Danville).

Can I submit copies of my transcripts?

We can only accept official documents issued from the college or high school/GED testing agency. For colleges, we must have official college issued documents showing all periods of enrollment. High school transcripts must have a school seal on them and a graduation date. GED’s transcripts must show official test scores.

Do I need to submit transcripts from all post-secondary institutions I have attended?

Yes. We must have transcripts from every college you have attended even if you only took one course or your never received credit for the courses you attempted.

How can I apply for more than one program?

Students wishing to apply for two programs should submit a packet for both programs but may submit one set of transcripts. The transcripts should be placed in one of the packets with a note in the other packet stating the student's intentions of applying to multiple programs. Both packets should be submitted to the Office of Admissions as complete at the same time. Students are limited to apply for no more than two programs.

How can I make sure everything was received for my selective admission packet?

Once you have created a Selective Admission account and submitted a complete packet you can log in to the Selective Admission System to check on your account. You will be able to see if we have received everything we need to process your application packet. It will be marked yes next to complete if you have everything we need to consider you for the program.

How do I submit a GPA recalculation form?

You can go to the GPA Recalculation Option page to review the qualifications and submit the required form. Once received, the Office of Admissions will process your request within 7 to 10 business days after your selective admission packet has been processed and marked as complete. You can check the outcome of your request by logging into the Selective Admission System and selecting 'File Status'. The recalculated GPA will be used in ranking applicants for selective admission programs, but will not be used to determine a student’s BCTC or cumulative GPA for any other purpose.

What if I have ACT/SAT or COMPASS scores on file with BCTC?

If you have test scores on file with BCTC then you will not need to resubmit official copies of them. You will need to print off a test score report from your student self service account and submit that with your packet. You can find your scores under: Student Self Service > Academic Records > View my test scores.

Please note: All students must submit the test scores required for each program. Not all programs will accept COMPASS scores in place of ACT/SAT. Please refer to for the requirements of the program you are applying to. If we do not have scores on file for you, we will require an official copy submitted in your packet.

What if I have already submitted official transcripts to the college?

You must submit them again with your packet to the Office of Admissions. Applying to a selective admission program is a separate process than applying to the college. To be processed and considered for a selective admission program you must submit a complete packet with all documents required by the published deadline. To find out what is required to apply for a selective admission program please go to

What if I see a discrepancy in my selective admission account?

Please contact us as soon as possible so we can look into the problem.

For Cooper and Lawrenceburg programs contact:

Nathan Congleton

Melissa Gabel Terry

For Danville and Leestown programs contact:

Jennifer Wood

Chassity Holliman

What if my cumulative g.p.a. is below the published g.p.a. for my program?

If your GPA is below the program’s requirements you will not be able to be processed nor considered for the program.

What if my packet/checklist is incomplete?

If your packet/checklist is incomplete when you submit it to the office, it will not be considered for admission until it is complete.

What is the new process for applying to a selective admission program?

We are now going to a “Complete Application Packet” format. A Statement of Intent Checklist can be found for each program at within the Selective Admission System. You must create an SAS account to access a checklist and begin putting together your application packet. A complete packet of all documents listed on the form must be submitted to the Office of Admission before the published deadline.

When will I know if I’ve been selected?

We will update your acceptance status in the Selective Admission System and send official notification letters in the mail, please be sure that your contact information in SAS is up to date in order to receive timely notification regarding your status.

Where can I go to get an application packet?

Once you have created a Selective Admission System account you may begin assembling your application packet by printing off the program checklist and gathering the required documents. Once complete, you will return your packet to one of several locations: 

  1. The Office of Admissions (Cooper Campus) 200 Oswald Building
  2. The One Stop Student Service Center (Leestown Campus), Building C
  3. The Lawrenceburg campus
  4. The Danville campus

The packet may also be mailed but please ensure that you have adequate postage. Packets must be postmarked by the published deadline in order to be considered for admission.

Who do I need to talk to about my classes transferring to BCTC?

Once you have applied and been accepted to the college, transfer credit is then officially evaluated and entered into PeopleSoft. Your faculty advisor will have access to your evaluated transcripts via PeopleSoft. You may make an appointment with a faculty advisor in the program of your choice to discuss the transfer of credits.