ConceptKCTCS/KCTCSConcept FAQs | Bluegrass Community & Technical College


How do I change my major?

You may change your major between the dates of May 1 - September 15 and December 1 - February 15 in the Records Office.

How do I register for classes?

Currently enrolled students should contact their assigned advisor to schedule an appointment or make arrangements for advising.

Review your degree/program course requirements in the BCTC Catalog.

Choose your courses:

  • Use the Schedule of Classes to determine when classes are offered.
  • Scheduling Tips:
    • Consider your lifestyle: what’s the best time of day for you? What are your work and family obligations?
    • Create balance: 3 to 6 hours is a typical load for most part-time students, while 12 to15 hours is a typical load for most full-time students. Try to schedule classes on 4 or 5 days; if taking classes only 2 or 3 days, schedule plenty of time between classes for study and snack breaks.
  • Take Developmental courses ASAP!
  • Choose your courses.

Attend your advising session:

  • Discuss your courses with your advisor
  • Ask questions, mention concerns, etc. to advisor
  • Your advisor will then lift your advisor hold

Register for your classes on PeopleSoft during your registration period. For your convenience please refer to our Class Registration Instructions for assistance.

How do I schedule an advising appointment?

Currently enrolled (continuing) students should contact their assigned advisor to make arrangements for advising.

New freshmen call the Advising and Assessment Center at (859) 246-6220 for the Cooper or Leestown campus, (859) 239-7030 for the Danville campus, (502) 839-8488 for the Lawrenceburg campus, or (859) 737-3098 for the Winchester campus to schedule your orientation and advising sessions.”

How do I withdraw from a class?

See the Withdrawal Policy.

How will my classes transfer?

Search the Course Applicability System (CAS) to learn how your courses will transfer to many other Colleges and Universities.

Links to Other Kentucky Colleges and Universities

Click here to view other Kentucky colleges.

Now that I have had my advising hold lifted, how to I register for classes?

For instructions for registering please review the following web pages:

What are Mandatory Placement Exams?

In accordance with Kentucky State Legislature, degree-seeking students who have not submitted ACT/SAT scores, or who have submitted ACT scores of 17 or lower in English, 19 or lower in Reading and/or 18 or lower in Math, must take a Mandatory Placement Exam. The purpose of this exam is to place students in the developmental/transitional or collegiate-level course appropriate for their skills. Transitional courses are designed to give students the skills they need to succeed in their collegiate-level courses. Students who are not seeking a degree, or who have submitted ACT scores of 18 or higher in English, 20 or higher in Reading and 19 or higher in Math, are exempt from taking Mandatory Placement Exams. However, students planning to take MAT 150 (College Algebra) at Bluegrass Community and Technical College will need to take the math portion of the Mandatory Placement Exam if their Math ACT is below 21.

What role do I play in my advising process

  • Familiarize yourself with the BCTC Catalog.
  • Understand and be knowledgeable about degree requirements, policies, procedures, and deadlines.
  • Review course options prior to meeting with advisor.
  • Schedule and attend every advising appointment.
  • Contact advisor immediately if you have questions or concerns about a class, semester or overall GPA, or general academic progress.

What role does my advisor play in my academic advising process?

Bluegrass Community and Technical College provides quality academic advising to all students; however, students are ultimately responsible for knowing the requirements of their particular academic program, selecting courses that meet those requirements, monitoring their progress toward graduation, scheduling and keeping academic advising appointments, and being prepared for advising sessions.

When can I add/drop/register for/withdraw from a class?

See the Academic Calendar for a complete listing of important dates.

When can I graduate?

Do an unofficial degree audit.