1. When making purchases with the procurement card that require delivery, please provide vendors with detailed address information. This will ensure that orders/packages are delivered directly to a specific campus, department or individual. Such shipments do not have to be sent to a central receiving area at the Leestown Campus. The delivery address should include an individual’s name, building, room number, etc. If it is not appropriate that the items be shipped directly to a department or individual, you may have the item shipped to our inventory area at the Leestown campus in Building B. James Poole and staff will notify you immediately that items have been received. You will receive an e-mail “delivery alert” from Inventory. The email will state the poundage of the package(s) to facilitate a decision about which delivery option to use.
2. When making purchases with a purchase order, please work with purchasing to have items shipped directly to you when appropriate rather than to the inventory area in Building B on the Leestown Campus. Please remember that it is very important for you to work closely with James Poole in Inventory and Tammy Horn in Purchasing on follow-up once these items are received on campus. If it is not appropriate for the items to be shipped directly to you (i.e., large quantities or heavy equipment), the items may be shipped to the inventory area in Building B. James Poole and staff will receive these items and they will notify you immediately that items have been received. You will receive an e-mail “delivery alert” from Inventory. The email will state the poundage of the package(s) to facilitate a decision about which delivery option to use.
3. On the Cooper Campus, items are occasionally delivered to the Maintenance & Operations office in the Oswald Building if the addressed to parties are not available. In such cases, Maintenance & Operations staff will follow Inventory’s protocol for notifying parties of the receipt of a shipment.
1. Our Inventory staff will no longer be involved in the delivery of shipments received. Rather, all such deliveries should be handled by our trained staff in Maintenance and Operations, staff who have access to the appropriate equipment for the delivery of heavy or large items.
2. If the item has not been shipped directly to you, and it has been sent to the inventory area in Building B, you have two options after you have been notified of its receipt by inventory staff:
Should you choose to have M&O deliver, please understand that the request will be processed along with all other work orders and the delivery may not be immediate. Please use appropriate discretion in determining if an item should be delivered through the work order system or if it should be picked up by staff.