The centerpiece of the KCTCS workforce and economic development efforts is the Kentucky Workforce Investment Network System (KY WINS). Through KY WINS BCTC can work with you to provide the training your employees need to keep your company competitive in today's global economy.
Through KY WINS, companies receive funding to assist with the cost of providing workforce training and assessment services to current as well as potential employees. KY WINS funds are distributed on a project basis and require a company cash match of 35%. The BCTC Workforce Solutions staff will assist companies in developing training plans and applying for KY WINS funding.
Companies may apply individually or as a training network with other companies. The training networks meet common training needs of business and industry from various sectors of the economy. The network approach is successful because companies who only need one or two employees trained are able to join with other companies to obtain cost-effective and timely training. BCTC Workforce Solutions staff will assist companies in developing the training networks.
No, KY WINS will not purchase equipment. Equipment may be purchased for a project but will remain the property of KY WINS. The cost of the equipment is not included in the company cash match.
Back to top
No, KY WINS does not fund in-house training. Bluegrass State Skills Corporation provides funding for company in-house training.
There is no limit on the number of times a company can receive funding.
No, all usual and customary fees charged by the college are eligible for funding.
All companies* in the commonwealth of Kentucky are eligible for KY WINS funding. KY WINS will support projects for:
*Government agencies, non-profit organizations and educational institutions are not eligible.
KY WINS reimburses the college directly for up to 75% of the cost of training and companies are required to pay the remaining 25%, plus a 10% administrative fee. BCTC Workforce Solutions will work with the company to identify a schedule for invoicing and companies are invoiced after services are delivered.
We will complete the application and submit the project for approval.
All projects are funded for a period of one year.
Most of the customized training programs delivered to business and industry by a KCTCS college.
Companies can apply at any time; projects are reviewed on a daily basis.