Most of our library databases are available off-campus, using the links on our library web pages. Click on a link to any BCTC proxy-accessible database, such as Academic Search Premier, Academic OneFile, JSTOR, ARTstor, and Ebrary, from the main page of the BCTC LRC (Library) or from other places on the BCTC LRC website, including the Find an Article web page.
When prompted at the BCTC EZproxy login page, input your username and password into the boxes. Your login and password are the same as the login and password you use for your BCTC KCTCS Peoplesoft e-mail access, except that you do not add "@kctcs.edu" when entering your username.
Your internet browser cookie settings must be set to "accept all cookies" for EZproxy to work.
After you have successfully logged in, the database you are trying to access should appear, and you can begin searching for articles in the database.
Students Please Note: Your KCTCS Peoplesoft E-Mail Account must be fully activated and you must be listed as a BCTC student, faculty, or staff in order for you to access the BCTC Proxy. If you are a new BCTC student, you will be able to access the proxy server via your username and password only after you activate your e-mail login and password information and as soon as your data has been uploaded into the Peoplesoft system. After you register as a BCTC student, use your Student ID number given to you at registration to activate your KCTCS Peoplesoft E-mail Account. Then, your information will be uploaded into BCTC's PeopleSoft system. Once you are fully in the system and the eproxy server has had a chance to update, you will be able to log into the BCTC EZproxy and you will have access to library databases off-campus.
If you are a dual-enrolled distance education student, you can use the BCTC proxy system to access BCTC databases. If need extra assistance logging in, please contact Maureen Cropper via the Ask a Librarian form.
You can access BCTC proxied databases by visiting our BCTC LRC (Library) home page at: http://www.bluegrass.kctcs.edu/library.aspx. The eLibrary tab in Blackboard can be used to take you to the library webpages, also. Click on the link to Bluegrass Community and Technical College within the Blackboard eLibrary site.
In addition, your instructor may have chosen to embed proxied direct links to articles or books for you to use in your Blackboard course.
Additional questions about access? Please contact Maureen Cropper via the Ask a Librarian form.
If you are a KYVC distance education student, you can use the BCTC proxy system to access BCTC e-resources only if you are also registered as a BCTC student and have activated your KCTCS email account. Please contact the BCTC Student Records Office with any questions about your BCTC registration status. If you have further questions, please contact BCTC Distance Learning.
1. You must be a current BCTC faculty, staff or student and have a valid, activated e-mail login and password to use the BCTC EZProxy. If you are dual-enrolled here and at another institution, you will be able to access BCTC databases as well, once dual-enrolled student information is loaded into the proxy by BCTC ITS personnel near the start of the semester.
2. You must have an Internet Service Provider (ISP), such as Internet Explorer or Firefox, and a computer with a modem or other appropriate hardware to access databases from home.
3. EZproxy works with most browsers. However, EZproxy requires that you set your browser to accept all cookies. In Internet Explorer, you can check your cookie settings this way: Click on the "Tools" menu. Choose "Internet Options". Adjust your privacy settings to accept all cookies.
4. You will only be able to access off-campus those electronic resources that have been licensed by BCTC and approved for proxy access. Some resources purchased by the BCTC libraries may not be approved for proxy access and will only be accessible on the BCTC campuses, and some may be limited by other special ID and passwords. Check with the library if you need more information about whether a specific database is accessible from home or not.
5.The first time you try to access a proxy-restricted resource, you will see the BCTC EZproxy login page, with boxes for you to enter your username and password. For each browser session you will only be asked to enter your BCTC username and password that one time. Helpful hint: Use no spaces when entering your login and password information.
6. Need more help? Consult our troubleshooting information.