Selective Admission: Surgical TechnologyThe process for applying is a Complete Application Packet format. Students must submit all documents below in one envelope to be considered for the program. Even if you have applied before and/or are currently enrolled, we will need all documents resubmitted to one of several locations: The Office of Admissions (Cooper Campus) 119 Oswald Building or The One Stop Student Service Center (Leestown Campus), Building C by May 1, 2017 for the fall 2017 class. Only complete packets will be processed and considered for the program.
Gather all of the documents required below for consideration to the Surgical Technology program and place them in one envelope:
- Create a Selective Admissions System account. Once you have an active account you can print a program checklist to begin the process. You must submit the checklist with your packet.
- Students who are currently enrolled in classes at BCTC must submit a complete packet of all documents listed here. Students who are not currently enrolled in classes at BCTC must fill out an application for admission and a complete packet of all documents.
- Official scores of the American College Test (ACT), the Scholastic Assessment Test (SAT), or COMPASS scores. This is also required for students with college course work.
- Official transcripts of all post-secondary education attempted. Transcripts must be submitted from EACH college or university previously attended and must show every period of enrollment. Transcripts from the Kentucky Community and Technical College System do not need to be submitted.
- In order to be considered for admission to the Surgical Technology Program, each applicant must attend a mandatory preadmission conference with the Program Coordinator. Please refer to the preadmission conference website for further information. Additionally, you may view the Surgical Technology Presentation to review admission requirements. However, please note that viewing this PowerPoint does not meet the standard for the required preadmission conference.
Reminder: Incomplete packets will not be accepted. Please turn in your packet to the Office of Admissions, Cooper Campus, or The One Stop Student Service Center (Leestown Campus) by May 1, 2017. Please allow 10 business days to process your application to the surgical technology program. You will receive an automated e-mail informing you when your packet has been processed. To check on the status of your application you will need to login to your Selective Admissions System account. If you are interested in submitting a GPA recalculation form you can find further information here.
For additional information about the program, please check out the surgical technology program website.