Rules Based Printing
Rules-based printing includes guidelines (rules) for printing to reduce printing volume.
BCTC established a Quick Action Committee (QAC) to evaluate common rules-based printing guidelines and to develop printing guidelines for BCTC.
The following printing guidelines have been approved by the QAC:
Direct Print versus Secure Print:
- Employee default: Direct print with option to select secure.
- Student default: Secure to MFP's, direct to lasers.
- Open and classroom labs: Open print environment (laser printers).
- Libraries: Secure print environment (MFPs).
- Duplex versus Single: Automatic default to duplex (all printers).
- Black & White versus Color: Automatic default to black & white (all printers).
10 or more pages:
- Automatically rerouted to secure print at the closest, most efficient MFP for both black & white and color print jobs.
The Committee's full report may be viewed at the following link: Rules-Based Printing.