Literature classes may be used to full the Humanities requirement in Block 1 of the Associate in Arts (AA) and the Associate in Science (AS) degrees.
Humanities classes may also be used to fulfill requirements in Block 2 of the AA/AS degrees. AA students may take as many as four classes in the humanities.
In order to receive an AA/AS degree, students are required to take one Cultural Studies offering. The cultural studies class may also be used to fulfill other degree requirements. For example, a student who takes ENG 264, will fulfill both a Humanities requirement AND the Cultural Studies requirement.
- ENG 161, Introduction to Literature
- ENG 207 Creative Writing
- ENG 230, Literature and Theme
- ENG 231, Literature and Genre
- ENG 234 Introduction to Women's Literature
- ENG 264, Major Black Writers*
- ENG 270 The Old Testament as Literature
- ENG 271 The New Testament as Literature
- ENG 281, Introduction to Film
- ENG 282 International Film Studies
- HUM 135, Native American Literature*
- HUM 140, Introduction to Latino Literature*
- HUM 150, Introduction to African Literature*
- HUM 160, Introduction to Holocaust Literature and Film*
*Cultural studies option