Technology Purchasing Guidelines
Responsible Unit: Information Technology Services
To promote compatibility within the BCTC computing environment, ITS will review and facilitate all computing technology related purchases.
When funding is available for computer rotation, ITS will fund purchase of one desktop computer and one monitor per employee. For those employees whose position necessitates a mobile device, ITS will purchase one laptop, one monitor, and one docking station. If additional peripherals are needed, funding these items becomes the responsibility of the employee s department.
The following guidelines have been adopted to expedite the process:
- A KCTCS BA8 form must be completed and submitted to the appropriate requesting department/division official for signature verification.
- The approved BA8 form must then be submitted to the ITS Purchasing Agent.
- ITS will process the paperwork and charge the requesting departmental account for the purchase.
- Upon arrival, ITS will notify the requestor and schedule the installation if required.
The following items are to be considered as computing technology related purchases:
- Workstation or similar device, peripheral, or software.
- Mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets.
- Any scanning device.
- Any telephone related device or peripheral such as a head set or webcam.
- Audio visual devices such as projectors and TV s.
All printers and MFPs are covered under a master agreement between BCTC and Konica-Minolta. In the event that your department needs a new laser printer/MFP, please complete the request form which is located on ITES at the following link:
Cell Phone Requests
To request cell phones, a Cell Phone Request form must be completed by the supervisor and submitted to the President s Office for approval,
The Cell Phone Request form is available at the following web address: