How to Use the KCTCS Library Catalog
Our library records are located in the KCTCS Library Catalog. You can use the records in the catalog to find the location of books at the library.
BCTC's library records are listed under the location category Bluegrass CTC - All in the KCTCS Library Catalog. To search in the KCTCS Library Catalog for our items only, you would:
- First, select "Bluegrass CTC - All" from the drop down menu located after the words
"Check holdings in a particular library"
- If you want, you can also choose a category, such as (keyword, author, or title) by selecting from the drop down menu located near the search box. Keyword is the broadest search and will be selected automatically if you do not make a different selection.
- Then, enter your search word (s) in the search box, and click the "search" button.
- From the results list, click on a book's title to find its call number, the number which will guide you to finding the book on the shelf.
- Some books are electronic books (ebrary, for example), so to read those books, just click on the link provided.
- Call numbers are arranged in a subject related way, based on the Library of Congress Classification system.
If you ever need help finding an item in the KCTCS Library Catalog or need help locating a book on the shelves, please ask at the library or learning commons, and we will be happy to help you.
Try searching the KCTCS Library Catalog now.
If you've checked out materials from our library and would like to renew them, please call or come to our circulation desk. To return items, please bring them to the BCTC circulation desk at either Cooper or Newtown Campus.
- (859)246-6380 - Cooper Campus
- (859)246-6713 - Newtown Campus