Search for Books
Using the KCTCS Library Catalog to Locate Library Holdings
The KCTCS Library Catalog is the online catalog which lists books, audiovisual items and periodical titles in BCTC's library and the other KCTCS libraries.
Be sure to set the Location Limits to Bluegrass CTC:All before you begin your search. Otherwise, your results will include everything at the other KCTCS libraries as well.
To use: basic Search
- After setting the single limit to Bluegrass CTC:All, type in a simple search such as: World War II leaving the default at Keyword.
- This will give you a list of items with the LC call number location and the status (whether it is checked out or not).
- This type of search can also be used for title. Be sure to select what type of search you are doing to be more precise.
- Subject and author searches in "Basic Search" will not limit by Location.
- Refer to the help hints at the bottom of the Basic Search screen for further instructions.
To use: Advanced Keyword Search
- Use this type of search if you want a more focused or narrow search, such as: Hemingway in Author Name and sea in Title.
- To view any item, click on the number next to it. For more information about any item, (e.g. Table of Contents or subject headings), click on Description.
To use: Course Reserves
- If you want to find an item your instructor has placed on Reserve behind the Circulation Desk, you may search by: Instructor, Department, or Course.
- Remember that BCTC classes are listed under BLCTC and then the department prefix alphabetically.
- 2-hour Reserve items may not leave the library.