Published on May 17, 2016
Hello, readers. This is my first blog posting to BCTC President's Perspectives. I will explore issues and ideas on education and society related to BCTC's mission of education and training. Topics of much concern at the beginning of 2016 include:
- job training to help people get good, well-paying jobs;
- workforce development for business success;
- associate degrees for student transfer to four-year universities;
- costs of college and student debt;
- providing college credit opportunities for high school students;
- access and achievement for diverse and burgeoning populations;
- creating a sustainable operating model for higher education in Kentucky when lack of state revenues has significantly reduced state support;
- how to keep aging facilities in usable and healthy condition and fund major construction to keep up with emerging learning strategies and technology;
- helping all entering students be ready to achieve success;
- improving student engagement, a key factor in retaining students to completion;
- and others.
I look forward to communicating with you on these and other important topics.
Augusta A. Julian, Ed.D