Grant Process and Forms
For a brief overview of the grant process, view our Grants Overview Flowchart (PDF). For a more thorough review of all things grants, please consult the KCTCS Grants and Contracts Reference Manual (PDF).
Staying organized and on schedule is essential for successful grant proposals. It is recommended that the process of developing a grant start several months prior to the submission deadline. While this is not always feasible due to a variety of reasons, it is imperative that one plans ahead as much as possible. Required deadlines are listed below:
- The Grants Concept Form must be submitted a minimum of 1 month prior to the grant submission deadline.
- The Preliminary Approval Form must be submitted a minimum of 1 month prior to the grant submission deadline.
- The GC-1 Form must be submitted a minimum of 2 weeks prior to the grant submission deadline.
And remember: Keep everybody in-the-loop and plan ahead!
- Grant Concept Form (DOCX)
- Preliminary Approval Form (DOCX)
- GC1 - Internal Approval Form (DOC)
- GC2 - Budget Revision Request (XLS)
- GC4 - Cost Sharing Certification (DOC)
- GC5 - Time and Effort (XLS)
- GC6 - Journal Entry Form (XLS)