Strategic Plan 2010-2016
Strategic Initiative 1: Promote excellence in teaching and learning.
Goal 1.1 - Promote and support responsive and flexible quality instruction.
- Objective 1.1.1 - Develop new programs that focus on the future needs of the Bluegrass region.
- Objective 1.1.2 - Evolve existing programs to retain focus on the future needs of the Bluegrass region.
- Objective 1.1.3 - Increase student success in transitional studies.
- Objective 1.1.4 - Support innovations in flexible instructional delivery.
Goal 1.2 - Enhance support for excellence and innovation in teaching and learning.
- Objective 1.2.1 - Pursue standards of instructional excellence.
- Objective 1.2.2 - Support highly skilled and effective faculty and staff in support of academic excellence.
Goal 1.3 - Provide integrated academic resources for student support and engagement.
- Objective 1.3.1 - Expand access to integrated learning resources and academic support at all sites.
- Objective 1.3.2 - Promote student engagement in the learning process.
Strategic Initiative 2: Increase student access and success.
Goal 2.1 - Develop enrollment strategies, systems, and processes to enhance student access.
- Objective 2.1.1 - Enhance recruiting, assessment, admissions, and enrollment processes to increase access.
- Objective 2.1.2 - Improve student customer services to ensure appropriate and adequate student services at convenient hours and sites.
- Objective 2.1.3 - Develop, implement, and evaluate strategies from the Enrollment Management Plan.
Goal 2.2 - Improve college services to support retention for all students.
- Objective 2.2.1 - Focus on continuing student support by implementing, evaluating, and updating the Retention Plan.
- Objective 2.2.2 - Improve financial aid and scholarship support services.
- Objective 2.2.3 - Provide a rich co-curricular learning environment.
- Objective 2.2.4 - Expand advising services through implementation of strategies from the report of the Advising Committee.
Goal 2.3 - Maintain and strengthen services to students transferring to other institutions.
- Objective 2.3.1 - Enhance Transfer Center services.
- Objective 2.3.2 - Develop and implement strategies to increase transfer rates of under-represented students.
Strategic Initiative 3: Cultivate an inclusive learning community.
Goal 3.1 - Recruit, retain, and support highly qualified and committed faculty and staff.
- Objective 3.1.1 - Improve recruiting, hiring, and orientation processes.
- Objective 3.1.2 - Provide additional and enhanced professional and leadership development opportunities.
Goal 3.2 - Strive to enhance diversity and inclusion within student, faculty, and staff populations.
- Objective 3.2.1 - Create more awareness of and sensitivity to diversity in BCTC community.
- Objective 3.2.2 - Enhance college services and activities to address needs of multicultural students.
Goal 3.3 - Develop strategies to create a culture and structure consistent with college values.
- Objective 3.3.1 - Provide for collegewide interaction, communication, and involvement of faculty, staff, and students.
- Objective 3.3.2 - Develop and implement procedural and staffing efficiencies.
Strategic Initiative 4: Enhance strategies for economic, workforce, and community development.
Goal 4.1 - Provide educational opportunities to meet current needs and emerging trends in economic and workforce development.
- Objective 4.1.1 - Increase and improve business support and outreach to new and emerging sectors.
- Objective 4.1.2 - Support workforce development needs.
Goal 4.2 - Actively engage in community outreach and development.
- Objective 4.2.1 - Develop strategic partnerships for enhanced advocacy, services, and support in communities.
- Objective 4.2.2 - Increase resource development efforts.
- Objective 4.2.3 - Expand arts and cultural opportunities for campus and community outreach.
Goal 4.3 - Enhance the awareness and knowledge about BCTC in the region.
- Objective 4.3.1 - Develop and implement an integrated marketing plan.
- Objective 4.3.2 - Maintain traditional marketing strategies while expanding to use emerging technology tools.
Strategic Initiative 5: Build resources for an effective and sustainable college.
Goal 5.1 - Ensure efficient and effective college budget development and management.
- Objective 5.1.1 - Use annual budget development and allocations processes that focus on needs and involve broad participation.
- Objective 5.1.2 - Adhere to sound business and administrative practices to ensure budget oversight and support adequate resources.
Goal 5.2 - Plan and maintain facilities and infrastructure for effective, safe, and sustainable campuses.
- Objective 5.2.1 - Design and build or upgrade facilities based on Campus Master Plans and identified community needs.
- Objective 5.2.2 - Enhance security and safety planning, training, and facilities upgrades to support safe campuses.
- Objective 5.2.3 - Support maintenance and operational strategies to provide high quality learning environments.
- Objective 5.2.4 - Support excellent and up-to-date learning and administrative technology resources.
Goal 5.3 - Enhance strategic and annual planning and institutional effectiveness assessment.
- Objective 5.3.1 - Annually review and analyze Strategic Plan progress including KCTCS Performance Indicators.
- Objective 5.3.2 - Strengthen collection and analysis of data used for planning and decisions to support quality improvement.