The Career Center helps students get career ready for life after BCTC. We can assist through career assessments, improving your interview skills, tips for resume writing, exploring a major, and more!
We strongly encourage all new students to take our free career assessment! Am I Job Ready
All new students are strongly encouraged to take a career assessment before starting classes to find a major and career that fits with their interests, strengths, values, and personality.
After taking the assessment, please make an appointment with a career counselor to go over your results and help find a major and career that best suits you!
Need help with your interview skills? Please create an account and log into “Big Interview" to practice and develop the skills needed to be successful in interviewing for jobs.
Need help writing your resume? Tips for Resume writing
Bluegrass Community and Technical College uses College Central Network as its official job resource and resume system. Students alumni, and employers can easily create an account at www.collegecentral.com/bluegrass.
- Students, easily apply to jobs and Internship/Co-op job opportunities posted exclusively for you, and search other opportunities via Jobs Central and Intern Central , national job boards.
- Create and upload your resume and career portfolio to make available to employers.
- Access our events calendar, and career/job search advice documents, podcasts, videos and more.
- Employers search for talented students and alumni, and post unlimited jobs for free.
Some internships posted here are private opportunities that are not part of the Bluegrass Community and Technical College (BCTC) Cooperative Education Program and are not eligible for academic credit. If you are a BCTC student looking to earn class credit through a Cooperative Learning and Internship placement, you must first contact Laura Lynch at email@example.com to apply. BCTC is not responsible for and accepts no liability for any damages of any sort for internship experiences that are not coordinated by the BCTC Cooperative Education Program for internship or cooperative education.
BCTC’s Career Fairs provide students with excellent opportunities to learn about potential employment openings and also develop networking and interviewing techniques. We hope you will join us at an upcoming Career Fair!
- Danville Campus Career Fair
Wednesday, March 27
10:00 AM – 2:00 PM
Early Registration before March 8: $60.00 per fair
Late Registration after March 8: $75.00 per fair
- Georgetown Campus Career Fair
Wednesday, April 10
1:00 PM – 5:00 PM
Early Registration before March 22: $60.00 per fair
Late Registration after March 22: $75.00 per fair
- Setup begins one hour before the fair opens.
- To maximize your availability to students, please plan to stay for the duration of the fair.
- One table and two chairs will be provided by BCTC.
- Only two representative per employer/company. Additional representatives will be charged for table spacing and meal/refreshment purposes.
- Food and drinks will be provided for employers during the fair.
- On-site interview space may be requested (based on campus availability). This is offered on a first come, first serve basis for 30 minutes per employer.
- Information regarding payment will be sent to you by the Career Fair Coordinator once your registration is received. **
** You will receive an automated email confirmation, followed by a separate email from the Career Fair Coordinator with payment information. Your registration will be complete once we receive your payment, unless you have made prior arrangements with Career/Job Fair Coordinator.
Disclaimer: In the event that you are unable to attend, please contact the Career/Job Fair Coordinator at BL-CareerDevelopment@kctcs.edu Your registration payment will NOT be refunded, but we will award the registration payment to the next Career/Job Fair upon your registration.
For additional questions about the Job and Career Fairs, please email us at BL-CareerDevelopment@kctcs.edu.
Schedule an appointment with a career counselor.
- Monday - Thursday: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Friday: 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Cooper Campus Oswald Building Room 109
Newtown Campus Science Education Center Room 101 G