Office of Latino Outreach and Services
71745 Latino Viewbook
Erin Michelle Howard, Director
Oswald 103 H, Cooper Campus
Milton Meza De Los Santos, Coordinator
Oswald 103 C, Cooper Campus
The Office of Latino Outreach and Services in the Department of Multiculturalism and Inclusion strives to provide access to high quality educational opportunities for Latino and immigrant students in the Commonwealth and to promote Latino and immigrant student success during and after a student s enrollment in and graduation from BCTC programs.
Services and programs provided by the office staff help Latino and immigrant students through all college processes from admissions to transfer. Services and programs offered by Latino Outreach include:
- Help with the college application process
- Help with FAFSA application and personalized scholarship searches/coaching
- Personalized academic advising and coaching
- Career Counseling
- Specialized Services/Information: Educational Access, Immigration policy information (DACA and DREAM Act, etc), references to social services, legal services and leadership programs.
- Student and community organizations supported by Latino Outreach: Kentucky Dream Coalition, la Casa de Cultura Hispana de Lexington y Enlace: BCTC Latino Student Association
BCTC Latino Outreach also coordinates and directs annual programs and events like the Latino Leadership and College Experience Camp and the Latino Multicultural College Fair.
Collaboration and Leadership Efforts
- Kentucky Latino Education Alliance (K LEA): BCTC Latino Outreach serves as the lead organization for K LEA. The partnership is dedicated to increasing Latino student college completion. More information can be found at the KYLatinosGraduate Facebook page.
- Community College Consortium for Immigrant Education: BCTC is a Blue Ribbon Panel member of CCCIE. CCCIE is comprised of a national Blue Ribbon Panel of community colleges and experts in the field of immigrant education committed to meeting the educational needs of immigrant students. Read more about CCCIE s key initiatives in immigrant higher education, its mission and objectives, and publications.