The BCTC Honors Program seeks to provide an intellectually challenging college experience for students who are self motivated and seek a higher level of knowledge. We provide a unique learning opportunity for students with outstanding intellectual ability, diverse interests, and strong motivation. Our goal is to enhance the learning environment for BCTC students through a combination of a special honors course, honors sections of regular courses, and out of class experiences.
- Honors advising
- Priority registration
- Small classes
- Cultural and social activities
- Advanced university preparation
- Honors certificate of completion presented with diploma
- Opportunity to serve as Presidential Ambassador
- Official transcript notification certifying Honors Program Graduate
- Transfer institution visits
First-time freshmen will be automatically accepted into the Honors Program if they meet one of the following criteria:
- Are in the top 15 percent of high school graduating class and test into college-level courses.
- Have a high school GPA of 3.5 or higher on a 4 point scale.
- Have an enhanced ACT composite score of 24 or higher or a combined score on the SAT-I of 1100 or higher.
Incoming freshmen not meeting one of the above criteria, transfer students, and/or any currently enrolled BCTC student who has a minimum cumulative BCTC GPA of 3.5 with a minimum of 12 credit hours of college-level course work may also apply for admission to the Honors Program by submitting the following:
- Letter of interest
- Interview with Honors Coordinator
All students (Freshman, transfer, and current) interested in being admitted to the Honors Program will need to complete an Honors Application.
|SOC-235-J1HN (49033) Sociology of Human Inequality||Thursday 11:00 a.m. - 12:15 p.m.||Hickman|
HNR-101-J1HN (47747) Intro. to contemporary thought. Course theme: Social and ethical issues in artificial intelligence
|Thursday 12:30 p.m. - 1:45 p.m.||Schuman|
|HIS-120-J1HN (47359) The world at war-1939 to 1945||Thursday 2:00 p.m. - 3:15 p.m.||Smoot|