The BCTC Honors Program will be in a planning phase during the 2021-2022 academic year. Class will be offered again fall 2022.
If you are interested in applying to the Honors Program for the 2022-2023 academic year or would like additional information please contact Dr. Dan Schuman at email@example.com or 859-246-6349.
The BCTC Honors Program seeks to provide an intellectually challenging college experience for students who are self-motivated and seek a higher level of knowledge. We provide a unique learning opportunity for students with outstanding intellectual ability, diverse interests, and strong motivation. Our goal is to enhance the learning environment for BCTC students through a combination of a special honors course, honors sections of regular courses, and out of class experiences.
- Honors advising
- Priority registration
- Small classes
- Cultural and social activities
- Advanced university preparation
- Honors certificate of completion presented with diploma
- Opportunity to serve as Presidential Ambassador
- Official transcript notification certifying Honors Program Graduate
- Transfer institution visits
First-time freshmen will be automatically accepted into the Honors Program if they meet one of the following criteria:
- Are in the top 15 percent of high school graduating class and test into college-level courses.
- Have a high school GPA of 3.5 or higher on a 4 point scale.
- Have an enhanced ACT composite score of 24 or higher or a combined score on the SAT-I of 1100 or higher.
Incoming freshmen not meeting one of the above criteria, transfer students, and/or any currently enrolled BCTC student who has a minimum cumulative BCTC GPA of 3.5 with a minimum of 12 credit hours of college-level course work may also apply for admission to the Honors Program by submitting the following:
- Letter of interest
- Interview with Honors Coordinator
All students (Freshman, transfer, and current) interested in being admitted to the Honors Program will need to complete an Honors Application.
Dr. Dan Schuman
Newtown Science Building 205-L