J-1 Visa | BCTC

J-1 Visa

As a J-1 exchange visitor, you will need a BCTC issued DS-2019 Certificate of Eligibility for Exchange Visitors and a valid J-1 visa (the visa stamp in a passport) issued by the U.S. embassy or consulate to enter the United States. Canadian citizens need a DS-2019 but do not need a U.S. visa. You must also carry the receipt of your paying the SEVIS fee. Please be advised that you may not enter the U.S. more than 30 days prior to the begin date on your DS-2019 and not later than 15 days after the begin date. When you enter the U.S., you will receive an I-94 Arrival/Departure Record card marked J-1 and D/S (duration of status) or you can access your I-94 electronically.

At Bluegrass Community & Technical College, prospective J-1 students must complete a J-1 Request Form and return it to the Office of International Student Services.