The M-1 visa is a non-immigrant visa for international students who wish to pursue
a course of study that is not principally academic in nature.
Requirement for a M-1 Visa:
- You have been accepted for a full course of study by a vocational institution approved
by the US Citizenship & Immigration Service (USCIS).
- You are sufficiently fluent in English to pursue the intended course of study. This
includes meeting the minimum English Proficiency requirement at BCTC.
- You have sufficient funds to cover your first year of study and access to sufficient
funds to cover subsequent years of study. You must demonstrate this by completing
the Financial Verification Form and supplying sufficient documentation.
- You have a permanent residence in your home country, which you do not intend to abandon.
- You intend to leave the US upon completion of your course of study.