Create Blackboard Assignments
Insert a New Assignment in a Bb Content Area: Assessments >> Assignment
Review GRADING options:
- Expand “Submission Details” to enable SafeAssign
- Assign “Points Possible” in order to enable the Blackboard Gradebook.
- Consider adding a Rubric.
View Submitted Assignments in the Grade Center:
In the Full Grade Center, assignments that need grading are marked with an exclamation mark.
To open an assignment, hover over the exclamation mark (or grade if one has already been posted) and select “click for more options” >> “Attempt”:
The Needs Grading function offers an easy way to view and access assignments and to sort submissions by assignment or student:
Use the Assignment Interface to provide feedback:
- The comment button allows comments to be inserted on the right side of the document.
- Use the Text or Draw buttons to write directly on the paper
- Global feedback may be placed in the “Feedback to Learner” box on the right side of the page.
- Click “SafeAssign” >> “View Originality Report” to view content that is duplicated in the Blackboard SafeAssign database.
- The Text Button is a fast and easy way to provide feedback. Just click and type.
- Remind students to look at "Instructor Feedback" in two places: the “Comments & Markups” area and the grade area under “Feedback to Learner”