Visual Schedule Builder
Visual Schedule Builder (VSB) allows students to quickly compile a non-conflicting schedule. When using the tool, students can type which classes they would like to take for a semester into the Select Course bar.
The “Add” button puts the courses into to the schedule. After students have added every course they are considering taking, they will see variations of a schedule.
Students can then maneuver through every schedule combination possible for that semester and see which options they prefer. When a student sees a time that he or she likes for a course, the student can pin that option down and continue to look for other options for different courses.
If you're a KCTCS student, you can use the Visual Schedule Builder by going to your Student Self-Service Account.
Click the “NEW! Create Your Schedule” button.
Once you find the classes you need, you can enroll right from the Visual Schedule Builder. Your class schedule will be saved and you can print it out that day!
1. Select Term
2. Choose Colleges (optional)
3. Choose Campuses (optional)
4. Enter all desired courses
5. Use Left and Right arrows to browse available course combinations.
6. Narrow schedule possibilities by:
a. Excluding Full/Online/On-campus classes
b. “Pinning” a class section of a course
c. Blocking out time for a work/schedule conflicts by selecting unavailable times. Click to select a one hour block or click and drag to select multiple hours.
7. When an ideal schedule is created, click the “Get this Schedule” button to have the classes added to your shopping cart automatically. Alternatively, you can manually use the class numbers to register for classes in PeopleSoft.