Dental Hygiene Application Information
The Dental Hygiene program accepts new applicants to start in the Fall semesters. The deadline to apply is February 15. Please turn in your packet to the Office of Admissions, Cooper Campus.
Steps to apply
- Create a Selective Admissions System account. Once you have an active account you can print a program checklist to begin the process.
- Students who are not currently enrolled in classes at BCTC must fill out an application for admission and a complete packet of all documents.
- Official scores of the American College Test (ACT) or the Scholastic Assessment Test
(SAT). (We will accept ACT or SAT scores on official high school transcripts.)
- This is a requirement for ALL students regardless of how many college credit hours you have obtained.
- Official transcripts of all post-secondary education attempted. Transcripts must be submitted from EACH college or university previously attended and must show every period of enrollment. Transcripts from KCTCS do not need to be submitted.
- In order to be considered for admission to the Dental Hygiene Program, each applicant must attend a mandatory preadmission conference with the Program Coordinator. Please refer to preadmission conference for further information.
- Evidence of observation and/or work in a dental environment as documented on the Dental Hygiene Observation/Work Experience Form.
- Minimum of 4 hours observation.
Your packet must include...
- Checklist from Selective Admissions Account
- Official ACT Scores
- Dental Hygiene Observation/Work Experience Form
- Certificate/Quiz from Pre-Admissions Conference
- Any transcript(s) NOT already on file with BCTC (please email email@example.com for questions regarding transcripts)
who has the best chance of getting in?
KY residents, ACT score of at least 21, total college GPA of 3.5 on 18 or more college hours or 3.0 with a bachelor’s degree and the more science courses you have completed with a grade of B or above the better.
For more information, please visit Dental Hygiene program.