Name: Shane Munson
Title: Educational Advisor
Education: BA - Business Administration from Georgetown College
MA - Teaching from University of the Cumberlands
Biography: He has over seven years of experience in the field, and many more years of being awesome. He enjoys helping teenagers and their families plan, and prepare, for college.
A resident of Lexington, KY for over 30 years, Shane is a graduate of Paul Laurence Dunbar High School (2003). He is also a member of Kappa Delta Pi, International Honor Society in Education. Please, hold your applause until the end. Shane is married to his lovely and very forgiving wife, Lindsay, and they have a daughter, Reese. They also have two dogs, Crosby and Emma-Belle. Before getting involved with college planning, Shane went to college and worked for the YMCA Child Development branch as a counselor and assistant site director. He also coached youth league baseball for three years.
During his time as a college planner, Shane has worked with many great high school students throughout central Kentucky and southwest Ohio. While many students think of researching colleges, taking the ACT/SAT tests, applying for admissions, scholarships, and financial aid as boring, tedious, and no fun at all, I have better things to do, Shane understands that it is necessary and tries to make the experience fun and enjoyable for everyone. While making college more affordable is awesome, going to a prestigious school is great, Shane s main goal is to help a student find the college that they will be proud to visit on homecoming weekend, a place that prepared them for their next step in life, and a place where they will make many memories.
- Cupcakes, aren t they great? Yes!
- Jeans: Too skinny? Yes!
- Favorite Movie? Grown Ups
- Favorite Band? The Killers
- What is the first car you drove? 1988 Chevy Spectrum
- What was your first job? Host/Drive-thru worker at Frisch s Big Boy
- If you were to make any sandwich, what would it be? Grilled Cheese
- Did you play any sports or participate in any clubs in high school? Baseball, Basketball, football, and hockey. I was also in French club but can only remember je m apple Shane.
- Whatever happened to predictability, the milkman, the paperboy, evening TV? Ummmmmm
County Served: Fayette and Clark
Schools Served: Campbell Junior High, George Rogers Clark, Bryan Station High School, Lafayette High School, Opportunity Middle College, Winburn Middle School
Address: Shane Munson
Educational Talent Search
164 Opportunity Way
Lexington, KY 40511