How can I receive my certificate, diploma or degree?

Bluegrass Community and Technical College students must apply for graduation for each credential they wish to receive. Please see your Academic Advisor to begin the process. You may find more information on the Graduation page.

Students must apply by the deadline posted each semester on the Academic Calendars. Traditionally, for an August credential, students must apply in early June, for a December credential, students must apply by early September, and for a May credential, students must apply in early February.

How do I complete my graduation application?

For Technical Programs: Students must complete the top portion of the application listing their name, last 4 digits of the social security number, and KCTCS ID number, semester, year, and selections for the degrees, diplomas and certificates they wish to request. Students should work with an Academic Advisor on an audit that must be attached to the application. The Advisor and student should sign the application and then submit the application with the audit to the Student Records Office.

For Associate in Arts or Associate in Science: Students should work with an Academic Advisor on an audit, for their own records, and then apply online here: Application for Graduation: Associate in Arts/Science

I haven't received my printed credential(s) and graduated several months ago. What should I do?

Contact the Student Records Office to verify that a credential was awarded and that there are no financial holds on the account that would prevent release of the credentials. You can contact the office by phone at (855) 246-2477 or send an email to

I need a copy of my credential as soon as possible for my current or potential employer. What should I do?

The official transcript lists all certificates, diplomas and degrees granted with the award date. This official document will be available earlier than a printed credential. Students can order official transcripts online, in person, or through the mail. For more specific instructions, visit the Transcript Request page.

Is there a graduation ceremony each semester?

No. BCTC hosts one graduation ceremony each academic year in May. August and December graduates and all May credential candidates are invited to attend. Information regarding the graduation ceremony is posted online during the Spring term as it becomes available. An email containing more specific information about graduation is sent to the student's KCTCS email address. See more information on the Graduation page.

When will I receive my printed certificate, diploma or degree

The Records Office orders all printed credentials from an outside vendor. Credentials are mailed to the students once they return from the vendor. The normal waiting period is 10 - 12 weeks after the end of the term.

Where will my credentials be mailed?

The credentials are mailed to the address listed on your PeopleSoft Self-Service account. If a student needs to update their mailing address, please contact the Student Records Office at (855) 246-2477 or

Why are deadlines to apply for graduation so early in the semester?

Due to the high volume of applications and the faculty approvals at local and system level, necessary for graduation, applications must be received and processed by the Student Records Office very early in the term.

Will I be contacted about my application for graduation?

Students who have a deficiency will receive messages regarding what is missing toward their program sent to their KCTCS email address.