Transfer Credits | BCTC

Transfer Credits


If my transfer credit isn t posted prior to meeting my advisor, how will I know what classes to take?

After the Admission office has entered the transcript, advisors can view the unevaluated information in PeopleSoft. Viewing the courses taken at a transfer institution helps the advisor steer students away from repeating unnecessary courses. If the student is applying close to the beginning of the term, please bring an unofficial transcript to assist the academic advisor with registration choices.

To view the established equivalencies for BCTC go to the TES database.

I m a non-degree student. Do I need to provide transcripts of prior work?

BCTC does not require official transcripts to be submitted for non-degree students. However non-degree students must meet any posted requisites for courses in which they wish to enroll. If a non-degree student needs MA 113 Calculus, they must provide proof of passing MA 109 or MAT 150 College Algebra or it s equivalent at another institution. Non-degree students should be prepared to provide this information with on unofficial copy of a transcript.

Students may submit a requisites override request online using the Course Enrollment Request forms.

I m interested in pursuing a four year degree. How will my credits transfer out of BCTC?

For students interested in how Bluegrass Community and Technical College credits transfer to four year Kentucky schools, please visit the Transfer Center at the Cooper Campus in the Academic Technical Building lobby.

I m not currently enrolled at BCTC, but want to know how my credits will be evaluated?

Currently, BCTC does not provide transfer evaluation for prospective students. Prospective students can view transfer equivalency data established for Kentucky public post-secondary schools. This information is not all-encompassing and will be updated regularly as curriculum changes.

Will my international transcript be accepted by BCTC?

Transfer credit is also awarded for courses completed at colleges and universities outside of the United States based on recommendations from agencies that evaluate foreign educational institutions. Students may refer to NACES for more information. Credit is only accepted after the transcript is evaluated by this service.

Will my transfer coursework count toward my requirements at Bluegrass Community and Technical College?

Bluegrass Community and Technical College awards credit for 100 and 200 level transfer coursework taken at regionally accredited colleges or universities in the United States. After the Admissions Office enters the transcript information, the BCTC transfer evaluator evaluates course work assigning course-to-course equivalencies, general education equivalencies, or elective credit equivalencies.

Students new to the college should expect evaluations of transfer work posted on their PeopleSoft account prior to the registration window for the following term (ex: if the student entered BCTC in August, the transfer evaluator is posting credit prior to the registration window for Spring that opens in October). Once the transfer evaluator posts credit, students may view their information online using their PeopleSoft Self-service account, click on "other academics" and choose the "Transfer Credit report" from the drop-down list, then click the blue "go" arrow. Additional information available online at the Transfer Information page.