Virtual Activities and Programming
Looking for something to do from the comfort of your home? We’ve got a few ideas to keep you entertained.
Lunch Doodles with Mo Willems! Join Kennedy Center Education Artist-in-Residence at Home for a live daily doodle lesson at 1:00pm EST. Videos will be available after live showings on the Kennedy Center YouTube channel.
Join the McHarper Manor weekdays on Facebook for a daily art project tutorial. Art projects will range from watercolor paintings to chalk art to canvas painting and will take place live at 1:00pm EST. Videos will be available after the live class on the McHarper Manor Facebook page.
Missing group fitness classes or going to the gym? Check out the Planet Fitness Facebook page for live-streamed daily workouts several times a day. Is Yoga more your thing? Check out CorePower Yoga to keep up your practice from the comfort of your living room. Or join local Lexington fitness professional Lindsay Burris for live 10 minute workout classes at 10:10am EST each weekday morning.
For an introduction to mindfulness meditation that you can practice on your own, visit UCLA Health for downloadable guided meditations in both English and Spanish.
Virtual Tours and Museums
Experience the best museums from NYC to France to Seoul in the comfort of your own home. Check out these sites to go on virtual tours of different museums and specific exhibits.
- Kentucky Derby Museum
- The Louvre
- National Gallery of Art
- Metropolitan Museum of Art
- National Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art, Korea
- Van Gogh Museum
- National Museum of Anthropology, Mexico City
- British Museum
Check out some cool places around the world from National Parks to National Landmarks
- Go on a virtual field trip to Ellis Island
- Take a live look at Colonial Williamsburg
- Tour England through this 360 video
- Virtually discover Yellowstone National Park and 5 other National Parks thanks to virtual reality (and Google)!
- Talk a walk on the Great Wall of China
- Check out the view from Pompeii through Google Maps
- Explore the surface of Mars on the Curiosity Rover
Lions, tigers and bears, oh my! Just want a cute and cuddly distraction? Check out several different animal live cam options from watching silly sea otters and curious elephants or just mellow out to the hypnotic drifting jellyfish.
- San Diego Zoo
- Monterey Bay Aquarium
- Smithsonian’s National Zoo & Conservation Biology Institute
- Atlanta’s Zoo Panda Cam
- Georgia Aquarium
- Ouwehand Park Polar Bears
- Explore Live Cams
Looking for a list of local restaurants that are offering takeout and delivery?
In Lawrenceburg, please visit their list of restaurants offering carryout and delivery options.
More Fun Things To Do!
- Check out the 25 Most Interesting Webcams of 2018
- Have a Netflix Party with friends while watching your favorite shows together!
- Choose from 15 Broadway plays and musicals that you can watch on stage from home. Musical television more your thing? Check out this list of 11 Musical TV Shows to binge watch while you’re home, in between your remote classes of course!
- Create a collaborative playlist with your friends or jam out to Rita Wilson’s Quarantunes playlist.
- Take up a new hobby such as making towel animals, crocheting, or choose from thousands of other tutorial videos on YouTube.
- Watch an Opera for free with the Metropolitan Opera
- Listen to a live recording from the Seattle Symphony
- Complete the Census
- Print off a free printable coloring page from the “Color Our Collections” campaign with coloring sheets from over 100 museums and libraries from around the world.
Coronavirus Updates and Resources
Bluegrass Community and Technical College is continuously updating its information and guidance for the university community to address the changing status of COVID-19. Please visit the college’s website for more information about COVID-19 and its impacts to the BCTC community, precautions that are being taken, prevention measures you can take and a compilation of additional resources. Also, be sure to check out BCTC’s social media pages: Youtube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Flickr.