Search for Books
Using the KCTCS Library Catalog to Locate Library Holdings
The KCTCS Library Catalog is the online catalog which lists books, audiovisual items and periodical titles in BCTC's library and the other KCTCS libraries.
You will probably want to set the Location Limits to Bluegrass CTC:All before you begin your search. Otherwise, your results will include everything at the other KCTCS libraries as well.
To use: Basic Search
- After setting the single limit to Bluegrass CTC:All, type in a simple search, such as: World War II (leave the default search as Keyword, in the drop down box)
- This will give you a list of items on your topic. Click on an item's link to see the item's LC call number location (its location on the shelf) or to see its ebook link information, if applicable. You also will be able to see the status of a print book (whether it is checked out or not).
- This type of search also can be used to search by Title, Author, and Subject, if you change the option in the dropdown box. However, in most cases, the broader Keyword search option provides the best results.
To use: Advanced Search
- You can use more than one search box and/or type of search if you use the advanced search option.
- Use this type of search if you want a more focused or narrow search with multiple search terms or types of search, such as: Hemingway in Author Name and sea in Title.
To use: Course Reserves
- If you want to check to see if there is an item that your instructor has placed on
Reserve behind the Circulation Desk of one of our library locations, you may search
by one or more of the following: Instructor, Department, or Course
- Remember that BCTC classes are listed under BLCTC and then the department prefix, alphabetically.
- BCTC students can check out Reserve items related to their classes for a short time. (2 hours of use is the most common amount of time). Also, most Reserve items are for in-library use only. Not all classes will have items on reserve.