Program Eligibility Requirements
Selection of the candidates are made by manufacturers and will be based on academic record, ACT/SAT scores, written essay response, and other factors the manufacturer deems relevant to program performance. Manufacturers recruit, interview, and select students to sponsor. Manufacturers only interview those students who submit all the appropriate documentation demonstrating eligibility.
Some of the participating manufacturers include:
- Toyota Motor Manufacturing Kentucky
- Link Belt Construction Equipment Co.
- Central Motor Wheel of America
- Commonwealth Machine Tool
- SealingLife Technology
- TOPY America
- E.D. Bullard Co.
- Florida Tile
- Hitachi Automotive Systems Americas, Inc.
- and more
Along with BCTC's applications for admission, manufacturing personnel review and select potential students on the following criteria:
- Be 18 years of age by Program start date.
- Be a current graduating high school senior.
- Be a US citizen.
- Demonstrate academic success as measured through grades and class rank.
- Demonstrate math capability measured through ACT or SAT scores (minimum of 19 ACT).
- Project Lead the Way (PLTW) participation as measured by the number of courses taken and the grades earned. (Note: PLTW is not required but because of the skills acquired by participating in PLTW, it improves chances of selection).
- Submission of a written essay.
- Commitment to remaining absolutely illegal drug-free.
Continued Eligibility Requirements
Criteria for continuing in the program include:
- Minimum of C or better in all courses throughout the program
- Minimum of satisfactory on all work evaluations throughout the program
- BCTC course requirements met
- Normal progress in the program
- Meet Program expectations as outlined in Commitment Form (distributed at orientation)