The New CIT Curriculum -- IT'S HERE!!!
- The new curriculum offers students the opportunity to persue any of 8 different tracks
and 25 academic certificates.
- It will includes new tracks, new courses, and many updated courses that will prepare
students to transition into the current workforce with relevant and market knowledge
- Get your new curriculum sheet HERE.
Special Exams for Credit -- January 10, 2019
- The registration deadline is Janary 3, 2018 at 3:00pm EST
- Go HERE for information and to register
2018 Hour of Code (Version 5.0): December 10 - 12
We have invited over 400 K-12 students from central KY to learn more about computing
science and programming -- and we really need your help!
This year we will have students from
- Bryan Station High School
- Frederick Douglass High School
- Montessori High School
- Providence Montessori
- Scott County High School
- STEAM Academy
- Tates Creek High School
Students will complete one of the following
- For beginners: Hour of Code "games" from Code.org (like MineCraft, Code Combat, and
other “games” found at code.org/learn )
- For non-beginners: Breakout Games - developed by BCTC faculty
Signup for any or ALL days.
We will train you (in November) – NO programming experience required.
Helping at the event can count as External Service and we provide lunch during the
Hour of Code for our volunteers.
If you are willing to lend a hand – Let us know at: signupgenius.com
Feel free to share this information with any BCTC faculty, staff, or students who
may want to help!
For more information, contact
Melanie Williamson (melanie.Williamson@kctcs.edu) or
Cindy Tucker (cindy.Tucker@kctcs.edu)