Special Exams for Credit
The Computer & Information Technologies department offers Special Exams for Credit (SEC) at the beginning of the Fall and Spring semesters. Times for exams sessions will be announced closer to the examination dates. Please remember, you can take any exam once during your academic career and only if you have NOT received a grade (including a "W") for that course. If you do not pass the SEC for a certain class, you will have to take that class to receive credit.
NOTE: An additional session for the CIT 105 Special Exam for Credit will be held on Thursday, October 7th, at 5:30 PM on the Newtown campus in Lexington. This session is for December graduates only. This will be the last opportunity for December graduates to take the CIT 105 exam.
Registration for this exam session will be open through the link below from Friday, September 10th until 3:00 PM on Wednesday, October 6th.
SEC Registration Sign Up
Please read the following information carefully before registering.
The CIT department offers students with advanced computer skills the opportunity to take examinations that will allow them to earn credit for CIT courses. These Special Examinations for Credit (SEC) are held once per regular semester.
- The next round of Special Examinations for Credit will be held on Thursday, January 6th.
- Registration opens roughly a month before each test date. Deadline to register for the Special Examinations for Credit will be 3:00 p.m. on the day prior to the test. Any registration received after that time/date will not be honored.
- Students can take each SEC exam ONLY once and ONLY if they have not received a grade (including a W) for that course.
The following is a list of exams offered and their respective costs:
- CIT 105 - Introduction to Computing: $20.00
- CIT 111 - Computer Hardware and Software: $30.00
- Please note:
- The CIT 111 exam has both a written and a hands-on portion. Students must pass both parts to receive credit for the class.
- The written exam will take place on as scheduled above.
- Students who pass the written exam will then be given an appointment to take the hands-on component the following day.
- Please note:
- CIT 120 - Computational Thinking: $20.00
- CIT 130 - Productivity Software: $20.00