Special Exams for Credit
The Computer & Information Technologies department offers Special Exams for Credit (SEC) at the beginning of the Fall and Spring semesters. Times for exams sessions will be announced closer to the examination dates. Please remember, you can take any exam once during your academic career and only if you have NOT received a grade (including a "W") for that course. If you do not pass the SEC for a certain class, you will have to take that class to receive credit.
SEC Registration Sign Up
Please read the following information carefully before registering:
The CIT department offers students with advanced computer skills the opportunity to take examinations that will allow them to earn credit for CIT courses. These Special Examinations for Credit (SEC) are held once per regular semester.
- The next round of Special Examinations for Credit will be held on Thursday, January 9, 2020.
- Deadline to register for the Special Examinations for Credit will be Wednesday, January 8, 2020 at 3 p.m. Any registration received after Wednesday, January 8, 2020 at 3 p.m. will not be honored.
- Students can take each SEC exam ONLY once and ONLY if they have not received a grade (including a W) for that course.
The following is a list of exams offered and their respective costs:
- CIT 105 - Introduction to Computing: $20.00
- CIT 111 - Computer Hardware and Software: $40.00
- Please note:
- The CIT 111 exam has both a written and a hands-on portion. Students must pass both parts to receive credit for the class.
- The written exam will take place on Thursday, January 9, 2020 as scheduled above.
- Students who pass the written exam will then be given an appointment to take the hands-on component on Friday, January 10, 2020.
- Please note:
- CIT 120 - Computational Thinking: $20.00
- CIT 130 - Productivity Software: $20.00