The Computer & Information Technologies department offers Special Exams for Credit
(SEC) at the beginning of the Fall and Spring semesters. Times for exams sessions
will be announced closer to the examination dates. Please remember, you can take any
exam once during your academic career and only if you have NOT received a grade (including
a "W") for that course. If you do not pass the SEC for a certain class, you will have
to take that class to receive credit.
SEC Registration Sign Up
Please read the following information carefully before registering:
The CIT department offers students with advanced computer skills the opportunity to
take examinations that will allow them to earn credit for CIT courses. These Special
Examinations for Credit (SEC) are held once per regular semester.
- The next round of Special Examinations for Credit will be held on Thursday, May 16, 2019
- Deadline to register for the Special Examinations for Credit will be Wednesday, May 15, 2019 at 03:00 PM. Any registration received after Wednesday, May 15, 2019 at 03:00 PM will not be honored.
- Students can take each SEC exam ONLY once and ONLY if they have not received a grade (including a W) for that course.
The following is a list of exams offered and their respective costs:
- CIT 105 - Introduction to Computing: $20.00
- CIT 111 - Computer Hardware and Software: $40.00
- Please note:
- The CIT 111 exam has both a written and a hands-on portion. Students must pass both
parts to receive credit for the class
- The written exam will take place on Thursday, May 16, 2019 as scheduled above
- Students who pass the written exam will then be given an appointment to take the hands-on
component on Friday, May 17, 2019
- CIT 120 - Computational Thinking: $20.00
- CIT 130 - Productivity Software: $20.00