CMM Fact Sheet
Name of Program: Computerized Manufacturing & Machining
Work activities in machine shop involve applying knowledge of machine capabilities, the properties of materials, and shop practices to set-up and operate various machines. The skills needed to position work pieces, adjust machines, and verify the accuracy of machine functions and finish products are taught by classroom instruction, demonstration, and hands on experience. Students enrolled in the Computerized Manufacturing & Machining program must achieve a minimum grade of "C" in each BRX, CMM, and IE Core course.
- Thaddeus Ireland
- Ralph Potter
Office room 112
- Danny Roberts
- Danny Roberts
Office Room 117
Program Enrolls Students
Spring, Fall, or Both (Dual Credit or students with prior experience may be enrolled in the spring with teacher permission all others enroll in program classes in the fall only)
- Faculty wishes to be contacted via phone or e mail or both for advising or scheduling questions.
- Specific office hours and days that faculty will meet with students to advise and enroll.
Daily: 11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. and 2:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Monday through Thursday or by phone appointment.
Daily: 3:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. and 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Monday through Thursday by appointment.
Information for summer advising for coordinators:
- Can the college contact you via e-mail or phone:
- Will you reply to students' e-mails or phone calls:
- Yes (In summer e mail would be the best way to get a response.)
- Are there specific courses the student can take for your program that they can be
enrolled in for the summer or fall semester if you can not be reached (please list):
- Summer: any from the General Education categories. Three credit hours from each of the five areas: Social Science, Heritage/Humanities, Science, Writing 101, Math MAT 116 or MAT 126 or higher.
- Fall: BRX 110 and BRX 210 or BRX 112, CMM 118, CMM 114, these classes are prerequisite classes for the spring.
- Spring: CMM124, CMM134, CMM224, CMM240, BRX210 (dual credit, transfer, or prior experience for all spring classes except CMM 134) Any from the General Education categories.
- Even if credit given for CMM 114, make sure of credit or enroll in CMM 118 and/or BRX 110