The Pharmacy Technology Profession
This is NOT just counting pills and labeling bottles. A pharmacy technician is an individual working in a pharmacy who, under the supervision of the licensed pharmacist, assists in pharmacy activities that do not require the professional judgment of a pharmacist. Pharmacy technicians are responsible to complete many important tasks in variety of pharmacy settings which include compounding, IV preparation, drug development, insurance billing and much more.
WHY BCTC PHARMACY TECHNOLOGY?
- Complete within 12 months.
- The only ASHP accredited pharmacy technician training program in central Kentucky.
- Hands-on practice in mock pharmacy lab with high-end pharmacy equipment and software, such as Parata Auto Dispensing Robotic, PioneerRx Pharmacy Management System, QS1 Point of Sale, and much more.
- Affiliated with UK HealthCare Pharmacy Department.
- A PTCB-Recognized Education/Training Program.
- Provide job placement assistance.
HOW TO APPLY
Starting Spring 2020, we are accepting students in Fall and Spring.
Academic Program Coordinator
164 Opportunity Way Building M 132E
Lexington, KY 40511