The Pharmacy Technology Profession
This is NOT just counting pills and labeling bottles. A pharmacy technician is an individual working in a pharmacy who, under the supervision of the licensed pharmacist, assists in pharmacy activities that do not require the professional judgment of a pharmacist. Pharmacy technicians are responsible to complete many important tasks in variety of pharmacy settings which include compounding, IV preparation, drug development, insurance billing and much more.
WHY BCTC PHARMACY TECHNOLOGY?
- Complete within 12 months.
- The only ASHP accredited pharmacy technician training program in central Kentucky.
- Hands-on practice in mock pharmacy lab with high-end pharmacy equipment and software, such as Parata Auto Dispensing Robotic, PioneerRx Pharmacy Management System, QS1 Point of Sale, and much more.
- Affiliated with UK HealthCare Pharmacy Department.
- A PTCB-Recognized Education/Training Program.
- Provide job placement assistance.
HOW TO APPLY
Starting Spring 2020, we are accepting students in Fall and Spring.
Britteni Kane Clay, MBIOT, CPhT
Coordinator, Pharmacy Technology Program
Building M, Room 132E
Bluegrass Community & Technical College
164 Opportunity Way
Lexington, KY 40511