Here is a compiled list of web resources that you may find to be useful supplements
for your courses. Some of these sites contain advertisements.
- www.astronomynotes.com Official site for Astronomynotes. An online textbook with a lot of information you
can use to supplement your textbook.
- abyss.uoregon.edu/~js/ast121 good additional resources for AST191
- abyss.uoregon.edu/~js/ast122 with abyss.uoregon.edu/~js/ast123 good additional resources for AST192.
- casswww.ucsd.edu/public/astroed.html Another excellent content resource for both astronomy courses.
- www.nineplanets.org Overview of the history, mythology, and current scientific knowledge of the planets,
moons and other objects in our solar system.
- astronomyonline.org "I designed this website to be a resource, a first stop for those who are interested
in the subject of Astronomy."
- antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod Astronomy picture of the day. New views daily, very cool.
- www.nasa.gov Official site for The National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA, for short).
Your tax dollars paying many really, really smart people to help figure out what's
- http://www.skyandtelescope.com/observing/highlights Website for Sky and Telescope magazine showing what you can observe during the week.
Their main page has news and tools relating to astronomy.
- www.fourmilab.ch/yoursky Virtual telescope. Set up your own skymap.
- http://www.shallowsky.com/astro.html Akkana's Astronomy webpage. Lot's of useful stuff and links. Including a Jupiter applet and a Saturn applet... very handy
- Heavens Above for Lexington. Link has times and dates for satellites passing over head. Good planning utilities
for making an observing session for planets, stars, and comets.
- http://www.spaceweather.com/ Current sun status, aurora, and space links.
- http://www.planetarium.eku.edu/ The home page for the planetarium at Eastern Kentucky University in Richmond. They
have programs open to the public.
- https://pa.as.uky.edu/observatory The home page of UK's observatory. The site includes a list of programs open to the