Military and Veteran Students

Military and Veteran Students

The steps below are for those students who are military and veteran students that may either be attending college for the first time, transferring, or returning to the college after a period of time.

Apply for admission to the college

Your first step is to complete an admissions application. You can access the application by visiting the Online Admissions Application portal. Should you require accommodations for completing the application, please contact Disability Support Services at 859-246-6728 or toll free at 866-774-4872, extension 6728.

Step 2

Setup your student account

Once you submit your admissions application, visit User Account Center to create your user profile, obtain your student ID and username, and to set your password. This account will give you access to your student self-service (registration, payments, financial aid, grades, etc.), e-mail, and any online courses you enroll in. Please note that you will not have access to your student email account until after you have registered for classes.

Step 3

Submit official college and military transcripts

You will need to contact all previous colleges you have attended and request that they send your official college transcript. You are also required to submit your official military transcript. You are not admissible to the college until all documents are received. Once all documentation is received, it will take approximately two weeks to process your application. If additional information is needed, your admissions officer will contact you.

For Army, Marine, Navy, and Coast Guard transcripts use this link.

For Air Force transcripts please use this link.

Faxed, photocopies, and scanned images of documents will not be accepted. Original documents must be provided to the Office of Admissions.

If you will be hand-delivering documents after hours, you may submit using the drop box located on the door to the Admissions Office located in room 119 of the Oswald building at the Cooper campus. The drop box is secure and checked daily for submissions.


Apply for VA benefits

Students applying for Chapter 33 Post 9/11 benefits should first complete the application online through eBenefits and then print a copy of your application with the confirmation page and submit to the VA Certifying Official.

Students applying for Chapter 30, 35, 1606, and 1607 may require additional documents to submit to the VA Certifying Official.

Students receiving Chapter 31 Vocational Rehab assistance need to provide the BCTC Certifying Official with a copy of their VA Form 1905, or have your case worker provide this before your enrollment can be certified.

Please note: Only students receiving Chapters 31 (Voc Rehab) and 33 (Post 9/11) VA Educational Benefits will have their tuition payments submitted directly to BCTC. All other students are responsible for making payment arrangements with the business office for payment of their tuition and fees.

For additional questions regarding VA benefits and to contact our VA Certifying Official, please visit Military and Veteran Student Services.


Access the SEE Portal

Once your application is processed, you will receive an acceptance letter via postal mail. This letter provides instructions on accessing the SEE Portal, an online tool that will guide you through completing your enrollment. You will either be instructed to schedule an orientation or an advising appointment.


Pay tuition

Once you are registered for classes, you will be responsible for paying your tuition and making sure that any accepted financial aid is posted to your account. This is done through your student account. For instructions on activating your account, please review information located in step two above.