Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently Asked Questions

Question: How may I obtain Administrative Rights for my machine?
Answer: In order to be authorized for Administrative Rights to your machine, you must read the materials on the Administrative Rights page and complete a brief quiz as to your understanding of the policies and expectations.  Please visit our Administrative Rights page for more information.

Question: What purchases am I entitled to as a member of KCTCS?
Answer:  You may purchase Microsoft Office at a reduced rate for home use.  Please visit our Employee Purchases page for more information.  If you're an employee, you may qualify for additional discounts.  Please visit the KCTCS Intranet for further information on those discounts.

Question: How do I receive a new cell phone?
Answer:  Please submit an IT Assistance Request.

Question: I have a new employee starting soon. What should I do?
Answer:  Please complete the New Employee Hire Form in ITES.

Question: How do I request new software for myself or for a classroom?
Answer:  Please complete the Software Request Form in ITES.

Question: How do I get authorization to take equipment off campus?
Answer:  Please complete the Off Campus Request Form in ITES.  (Note: Policy sets responsibility for maintaining the official record of capital equipment in the office of the Chief Financial Officer, and each department is charged with responsibility for implementing internal controls designed to safeguard their capital equipment. In keeping with this policy, capital equipment may not be permanently removed from BCTC owned premises. However, capital equipment may be temporarily removed upon written justification, proper approval, and notification to the Chief Financial Officer.)

Question: How do I operate my voicemail or change my voicemail PIN?
Answer:  For help with your voicemail, please refer to the Unity Quick Reference Guide.

Question: How do I clear my browser cache?
Answer:  Please refer to our page How to Clear the Browser Cache.