2016-2017 MOSAIIC Conference
November 3rd & 4th, 2016 @ KY State University
UNITED WE STAND DIVIDED WE FALL; DETERRING COMMUNICATIONS OF HATE
Thursday, 11/3/16 at KY State University
Research and Demonstration Farm Mills Ln Frankfort, KY
9am 10am: Registration, Continental Breakfast and Establishing the Tenor (film and music)
10am-10:15am: Welcome and Purpose Charlene Walker, VP Bluegrass Community & Technical College
10:15am-11:15am: The History of the N word Dr. Alicestyne Turley, Berea College
11:15am-12:15am: INTERACTIVE Group Activity evolving around theme, United We Stand
12:45pm-1:45pm: Community and Educator Panel, Aint No Crystal Stair,
- Tonya Torp, Executive Committee Officer of Kentuckians for the Commonwealth Program Director of Step By Step Lexington
- Trevor Claiborn, Farmer Brown Tha MC, Research Assistant Kentucky State University High Tunnel, and Research Farm, Author and Community Activist
- Jesus Gonzalez, Chair of Central Kentucky Showing Up for Racial Justice SURJ
- Richard Spaulding aka Devine Carama, is a hip hop artist, social activists through his nonprofit Believing In Forever Inc and the Youth Services Coordinator at Community Action Council
1:45pm-2:45pm: Student /Youth Panel, When I get older, I will be stronger, They ll call me freedom,
just like a Waving Flag."
- Kevely Dumay BCTC- EKU transfer
- Makayla Brown, Freshmen Lafayette High School
- Argelia Fabian KSU senior
2:45pm-3:45pm: UK MLK and MANRRS. Patriotism of Protest and 1st Amendment
- 3:45pm -4:00pm: Wrap up and adjourn
KY State University Student Ballroom
The Northwest Region of the Kentucky Association of Blacks in Higher Education hosts
their regional meeting, in partnership with the Central Kentucky Diversity Consortium
This event will feature various breakout workshops designed to share knowledge, learn new methods and strategies designed to take back to your respective institution, and network with others in the higher education arena.
A MOSAIIC AFTERNOON - 2016 MOSAIIC AWARDS LUNCHEON
12:00pm-12:30pm: KY State University Student Ballroom, Frankfort KY
Introduction of Central KY Diversity Consortium Members
Introduction of 2017 MOSAIIC award recipients
Introduction of Keynote Speaker Mr. Trevor Claiborn
12:30pm-1:15pm: Dr. Dorothy Yancy, former Johnson C. Smith University President
"United We Stand, Divided We Fall: The Survival of HBCUs"
MOSAIIC (Multicultural Opportunities, Strategies and Institutional Inclusiveness Consortium) was organized by Charlene Walker, the Vice President of Bluegrass Community and Technical College s Office of Multiculturalism & Inclusion. The Consortium consists of seven Central Kentucky colleges (Bluegrass Community and Technical College, Eastern Kentucky University, Berea College, Georgetown College, Transylvania University, and the University of Kentucky) that support each other in efforts to raise awareness of opportunities and strategies needed to promote inclusive college working and learning environments.