BCTC goes to online instruction after spring break
Published on Mar 12, 2020
LEXINGTON, KY â€” Bluegrass Community and Technical College (BCTC) will move all instruction online after spring break.
BCTC is committed to making fact-based decisions and keeping the community informed and protected as information provided by health officials about the Coronavirus (COVID-19) is evaluated. The college communityâ€™s health, safety and well-being is always the first priority.
After extensive conversations with officials dealing with this virus, BCTC is operating in an abundance of caution by announcing the following:
- BCTC students will be on spring break March 15 - 21. After spring break, March 22 - April 4, instruction will take place online. The goal is to resume normal course delivery April 5.
- Staff operations will continue as normal.
- BCTC sponsored or endorsed domestic or international travel is suspended until April
30. After that date, decisions will be made on a case-by-case basis.
- BCTC sponsored student activities and on-campus BCTC events scheduled during spring
break are cancelled, including the PTK regional conference and the Job Fair at the Winchester Campus.
After spring break, we will be evaluating other campus events on a case-by-case basis
to ensure community health.
- Workforce Solutions activities will continue as scheduled until further notice.
- The April 3 New Student Orientation will be rescheduled. Those registered will be notified.
During spring break and the online instruction period, BCTC will continue cleaning our college facilities as recommended by the CDC and offering college services at all campuses.