BCTC Alpha Phi Kappa to host 2010 Student Leadership Conference
Lexington, KY (April 15, 2010) State and local government and business leaders will speak at an annual student leadership conference hosted by Bluegrass Community and Technical College's honor society, Alpha Phi Kappa. The student organization is a chapter of Phi Theta Kappa, a national honor society for two-year colleges.
The 2010 Student Leadership Conference will be held 9 a.m. to 3:20 p.m. Saturday, April 24 at the Oswald Building of the BCTC Cooper Campus, 470 Cooper Drive, Lexington. The event is free and open to all college students. Free lunch is provided to students who register. On-campus parking is free the day of the event.
The conference sessions will cover topics on leadership qualities, community service, team-building, social and electronic etiquette, going green and fundraising.
Several business and government leaders will speak at the conference, including
- Jim Newberry, Lexington mayor
- Andy Shea, general manager of the Lexington Legends
- Will T. Scott, Kentucky Supreme Court deputy chief justice
- Mark Spinosa, financial advisor from Merrill Lynch
- Kim Sweazy, Toyota Motor Manufacturing community relations specialist
- Colman Eldridge, executive assistant to Gov. Steve Beshear
- Craig Johnson, vice president of Silvestri-Craig Realtors