BCTC Student Honor Society Earn 14 Awards At State Convention
LEXINGTON, Ky. (March 25, 2011) Phi Theta Kappa, the student honor society at Bluegrass Community and Technical College, recently won 14 chapter and individual awards, including the Distinguished Honors in Action award, during the 2011 state convention held March 4-5.
Phi Theta Kappa, an international honor society for two-year colleges, recognizes and encourages scholarship among two-year college students and provides opportunities for leadership development and service. Alpha Phi Kappa is the BCTC chapter of Phi Theta Kappa.
- Distinguished Honors In Action Award; awarded in recognition for the chapters Ban Books Project and the ESL Tutoring/Mentoring Project
- Distinguished College Project Award; awarded in recognition for the chapters Ambassador Program that assists with Late Registration
- Most Improved Chapter Award
- Distinguished Chapter Officer Award: Holly Wahl
- Chapter Officer Award: Stacy Grafton
- Chapter Officer Award: Holly Wahl
- Distinguished Chapter Member Award: Michelle Harris-Shields
- Four Star Chapter Award
- Honors In Action Award
- College Project Award
- Collegefish.org Award
- Horizon Awards given to PTK advisors Lucinda Baker, Tom Rogers, and Cindy Tucker