Fifth annual class of BCTC Leadership Academy graduates
Fourteen faculty and staff members from Bluegrass Community amp; Technical College (BCTC) recently graduated from the colleges fifth annual Leadership Academy. The BCTC Leadership Academy is designed to identify and develop employee leadership skills essential to the future operation and success of the college.
Class members in the 2011 - 2012 academy were:
- Allison Baker, Student Development Specialist
- Heather Ballard, Financial Aid Coordinator
- Ellen Biddle, Ready to Work Program Coordinator
- Renada Boone, Workforce Solutions Assessment Administrative Assistant
- Faye Clark, Human Resources Assistant
- Dikiea Elery, Educational Talent Search Educational Advisor
- Heather Greene, Health Information Coordinator
- Steven Harris, Information Technology Specialist
- Ryan Kelly, Associate Professor of Geography and Geographic Information System Technology
- Elisabeth Ladanyi, Testing Accommodations Coordinator for Disability Support Services
- LuvTesha Robertson, Senior Administrative Assistant for Learning Support amp; Academic Affairs
- Linda Terry, Student Billing Staff Associate VII
- Sarah Vickers, Student Billing Specialist
- Tanya White, Developmental Studies/Humanities faculty.
Former Lexington Mayor Teresa Isaacs was the guest speaker at this years graduation and urged the graduates to continue on their path to leadership. I am very proud of the graduates of the BCTC Leadership Academy and wish them well in their future endeavors. I encourage them to be flexible, be persistent, and be courageous, said Isaacs.
The nine-month class began last August. Classes met once a month and addressed issues
that included applied leadership, community awareness and service learning. Other
sessions covered personality assessment, leadership ethics, communications, culture
and diversity within leadership, climate and conflict, meeting management, and public
speaking. Additionally, the class had the opportunity to tour Toyota and BCTC's Georgetown
facilities and visit BCTC's extended campuses in Lawrenceburg, Danville and Winchester-Clark