First BCTC Lawrenceburg Gala raised $6,820 for student scholarships
LEXINGTON, Ky. (Sept. 1, 2010) The first "Night of Glamour Gala," a scholarship fundraiser held Aug. 21 at the Lawrenceburg Campus of Bluegrass Community and Technical College, raised $6,820 toward scholarships for Lawrenceburg students.
More than 100 people attended the Gala. The Gala included a silent auction, and the Jimmy Church Band provided music for the event.
"We appreciate that so many turned out to support a scholarship fund for BCTC's Lawrenceburg Campus," said President Dr. August A. Julian. "Students will benefit from the generosity of the community and, in turn, students and graduates will help the region grow. It is a great partnership."
The college would like to thank the generous donors, the corporate and community sponsors, and the Planning Committee for making the Gala a success.
The Anderson News in Lawrenceburg, Ky. published an article on Aug. 25 about the event. The article can be viewed at http://www.theandersonnews.com/cgi-bin/c2.cgi?003+article+News+20100830141959003003005.
Corporate and community sponsors:
- Century Bank
- DMD Data Services
- Ritchie Peach Funeral Home
- Smith Contractors
- The Anderson News
- Events by Design
- Farmer and Humble, CPA
- Farmers Bank and Capital Trust
- Farm Bureau Insurance
- Kentucky Employees Credit Union
- Lois Ann Disponett Real Estate
- Lovers Leap Vineyards and Winery
- Patrick Law Office
- Jim and Rhonda Wheeler
- Lois Ann Disponett of Disponett Real Estate
- BCTC Assistant Vice President of Human Resources Deb Cox
- Vandra Guffey of Smith Contractors
- Kara Daniel of Legislative Research Commission
- Susie Prater of McDonalds
- Gayle Smith of Legislative Research Commission
- BCTC Lawrenceburg Campus Director Rhonda Wheeler
- BCTC Chief Resource Development Officer Linda Epling