GWIS Book Scholarship Information
- GWIS Beta Chi Cengage Scholarship Form (PDF - 101KB)
- GWIS Beta Chi Pearson Scholarship Form (PDF - 101KB)
During the Spring 2015 semester, GWIS Beta Chi Book Scholarships will be awarded to three female students majoring in engineering, mathematics, or science. The recipients of the GWIS Beta Chi Book Scholarship will receive either one Cengage textbook or one of two Pearson textbooks. Scholarships are awarded based on academic performance, academic/career goals, and financial need.
- Female United States citizen, United States nationals (as defined in section 101(a) of the Immigration and Nationality Act), aliens admitted as refugees as defined in section 207 of the Immigration and Nationality Act), or permanent-residence aliens lawfully admitted to the United States;
- Enrolled at a two- or four-year accredited college in the Bluegrass region of Kentucky (Anderson, Bourbon, Boyle, Clark, Fayette, Franklin, Garrard, Harrison, Jessamine, Lincoln, Madison, Mercer, Nicholas, Scott, Woodford counties);
- Enrolled at least half-time in 100 level course or above;
- Mathematics, engineering, or science major;
- Minimum 2.5 GPA during Fall 2014 semester;
- Financial need statement and completed FAFSA;
In order to provide equal opportunity, a scholarship recipient receiving other forms of financial aid may be ineligible for the GWIS Beta Chi Cengage Scholarships.
In the event a recipient should withdraw from the Community & Technical College or four-year accredited college, the refund must be returned to the scholarship fund according to regular refund policies.
The deadline for the scholarship applications is December 15, 2014.