Three candidates to interview for Bluegrass Community and Technical College Presidency
VERSAILLES, Ky. (Sept. 10, 2007) Kentucky Community and Technical College System President Michael B. McCall today announced the names of three candidates to be interviewed for the position of president at Bluegrass Community and Technical College (BCTC).
The candidates are:
- Augusta A. Julian, Ed.D., president, Maysville Community and Technical College, Maysville, Kentucky;
- Keith Miller, Ph.D., president, Black Hawk College, Moline, Illinois;
- W. David Pelham, Ed.D., superintendent/president, College of the Siskiyous, Weed, California.
Each candidate is highly qualified with extensive experience in educational leadership. I look forward to the interview process and the opportunity to introduce these individuals to the Lexington community.
Dr. McCall said on-campus visits have been scheduled to provide opportunities for the candidates to meet with BCTC's board of directors, Interim President, Dr. J. Larry Durrence and cabinet officials, as well as BCTC faculty, staff and students and interested individuals in the Lexington community. The scheduled visits will begin Wednesday, September 12, and continue through Wednesday, September 26. The public is invited to attend a community reception for each candidate from 5 p.m. to 6 p.m. at the Bluegrass Community and Technical College, Leestown Campus located in the student center on the following dates:
- Dr. David Pelham, September 13
- Dr. Keith Miller, September 18
- Dr. Augusta Julian, September 25.
The college board of directors will recommend one candidate to Dr. McCall to serve as the next president of BCTC with the final selection to be made by President McCall later this fall.