Institutional Closing

alert icon BCTC campuses and offices will be closed starting on December 16, 2017. We will reopen on Tuesday, January 2, 2018 with normal operating hours. Have a wonderful holiday and a great new year!

System Office Approval Requirements

Certain types of purchases require approval from the System Office (KCTCS) before the purchase is made.

Examples of items for which System Office approval is required include:

  • All dinner meals,
  • Any meal that exceeds the per diem limit,
  • Employee accommodations charged on a pro-card,
    • Note: Generally, employees should pay for accommodations and request reimbursement via a travel voucher. However, if unusual circumstances require use of a pro-card for employee accommodations, then System Office approval is required.
  • Non-employee airline tickets,
  • Airline tickets paid via travel reimbursement, 
  • Accommodations for student events,
  • Direct bill requests (such as for meeting rooms and group/student accommodations),
  • Meals or refreshments for student events costing > $2,500,
  • On campus college hosted conference or general community meeting > $2,500,
  • Employee reimbursements > $500,
  • Accounts payable vouchers > $5,000,
  • All contracts, including catering, require KCTCS Purchasing approval,
    • Note: Contracts may only be signed by BCTC President or Vice-President of Finance & Operations, or their designee.
  • Individual memberships,
    • Please use the attached form to submit approval request for an individual membership.
      • Note: If the individual membership is included in a conference registration fee and is valued at $50 or less, you do not need to submit a request for approval. These may be processed along with the registration fee.
    • Individual Membership Approval Request Form
  • Incentives to participants,
  • Any request for an exception to a KCTCS Business Procedure.

In cases where System Office approval is required, please submit complete and accurate documentation 10 days prior to the date for which you need the approval. Please submit requests directly to Kimberly Cameron at