How to Find Your BCTC Advisor
Your assigned academic advisor can assist you with many aspects during your BCTC career, such as answering general questions, developing an academic plan for your program or major, assisting with class schedules, referring you to other services on campuses as needed, and much more. Your academic advisor should be one of your first points of contact when you have questions!
To find the name and contact information for your Academic Advisor, please follow these steps:
- Go to MyPath
- Select the Student Self-Service tile
- Select the Student Center tile
- Scroll down to below your messages. In the lower right corner you will see your Advisor
Information: Advisor name (email) and phone number
- Click on Details to go to the My Advisors screen. From here, you can select "Notify Selected Advisors" and send your Advisor an email to get an appointment set up!
Having Trouble? Try Starfish Instead!
You can also find your Academic Advisor through Starfish:
- Go to MyPath
- Under "Take Me To", Select "Starfish"
Under "My Success Network" and "Your Connections", find your Academic Advisor - Assigned
If your assigned advisor is using Starfish for appointments, use the dropdown box to schedule an appointment. If no appointments are available, you can choose to email your advisor instead.
If you are still having difficulties, you can always use the use the "Raise Your Hand" feature within Starfish to request additional assistance. A Success Specialist will reach out to help!