You're Admitted! Take the Next Step!
Steps to Take:
Step 1: Submit Important Documents
There are some tasks you need to complete before you can meet with an advisor. Please be sure to submit transcripts and (if necessary) complete placement testing.
- High school transcripts can be submitted online through Parchment (new window). Please contact your high school counselor. They can get you access to Parchment or your transcript.
- GED® transcripts (new window). You can request transcripts online and have them sent electronically.
- Homeschool or online high school transcripts need a notarized signature. You can submit them in person at any campus. Or, through postal mail to the BCTC Newtown Campus at 500 Newtown Pike, Lexington, KY 40508.
- Did you take dual credit classes outside a KCTCS college? You'll want to contact that college or university for your transcript. It will list your completed courses.
- Test scores are usually posted on your high school transcript but they also can be submitted through ACT (new window) or SAT (new window). If test scores are not posted on your transcript, please contact the organization that ran the test to have your scores submitted. We also accept high school GPA, EdReady, Wonderlic, and KYOTE test scores for placement.
Test scores are used to determine which classes you will take your first semester. Not sure if you need to take a placement test? Email us and we will let you know.
Step 2: Schedule Your Advising Appointment to Register for Classes
New students are eligible to sign up. Advising appointments happen at the following times:
- After March 1 for Summer or Fall terms
- After October 1 for Spring terms
Click the button below to schedule an advising appointment - the link will open in a new window.
Step 3: Sign Up for Freshman Orientation
- Sign up for orientation by visiting the Freshman Orientation Registration web page.
Step 4: Setup Your Account and Pay Tuition
- Visit the User Account Center (new window) to setup your account.
- Once you set up your account, log in and view your information. This includes class schedule, grades, financial aid, and tuition payment information.
Students with a disability who need academic accommodations or other help should contact Accessibility Services for an appointment as soon as possible to discuss documentation requirements, reasonable accommodations, and procedures for notifying instructors.
To schedule an appointment on any BCTC campus, please call (859) 246-6534 or Email Accessibility Services.