Selective Admission: Automotive Technology
The process for applying is a Complete Application Packet format. Students must submit all documents below in one envelope to be considered for the program.
Deadline to Apply for Fall: March 1
Step 1. Create a Selective Admissions System account (new window). Once you have an active account you can print a program checklist to begin the process. You must submit the checklist with your packet. You can apply for a total of two selective admission programs.
Step 2. Students who are not currently enrolled in classes at BCTC must fill out an application for admission (new window). Students who are currently enrolled in classes at BCTC will not need to reapply.
Step 3. Attend a mandatory preadmission conference with the Program Coordinator. Please refer to the preadmission conference website for dates and location. A conference attendance form will need to be submitted in your packet.
Step 4. Gather the following additional documents for your packet (these are listed on the checklist):
- An official high school transcript indicating the applicant has completed or will
complete an approved four-year high school curriculum or an Official GED score report.
If transcripts have already been submitted for general admission to KCTCS then you
do not need to include second copies of these transcripts in your packet.
- Official transcripts of all post-secondary education attempted. Transcripts must be
submitted from EACH college or university previously attended and must show every
period of enrollment. If transcripts have already been submitted for general admission to KCTCS then you
do not need to include second copies of these transcripts in your packet. Transcripts from the Kentucky Community and Technical College System do not need
to be submitted.
- Optional Documents
- Proof of completion of an industry practicum or shadowing program (sixty hour minimum)
Documentation must include a written letter
- Proof of area technology center graduate or KCTCS automotive transfer student
- Letter outlining industry work experience-minimum six months, as outlined by the National
Institute for Automotive Service Excellence [ASE]. Documentation must be a letter
from the individual’s employer/supervisor to include job responsibilities and length
- Copy of a valid driver's license
- Bennett Mechanical Comprehension Test Score Report.
- Proof of completion of an industry practicum or shadowing program (sixty hour minimum) Documentation must include a written letter
Step 5. Turn in your completed packet to the Office of Admissions, Newtown Campus - The Den, by the deadline. Please allow 10 business days to process your application to the automotive technology program. You will receive an automated e-mail informing you when your packet has been processed. To check on the status of your application you will need to login to your Selective Admissions System account (new window).
Please email BL-SelectiveAdmissions@kctcs.edu with any questions.