Selective Admission: Automotive Technology
The process for applying is a Complete Application Packet format. Students must submit all documents below in one envelope to be considered for the program. Even if you have applied before and/or are currently enrolled, we will need all documents resubmitted to the Office of Admissions, room 203 Oswald Building, Cooper Campus by March 1 for the Fall class in order to be considered for admission. Only complete packets will be processed and considered for the program.
Gather all of the documents required below for consideration to the Automotive Technology program and place them in one envelope:
- Create a Selective Admissions System Account. Once you have an active account you can print a program checklist to begin the process. You must submit the checklist with your packet.
- Students who are currently enrolled in classes at BCTC must submit a complete packet of all documents listed here. Students who are not currently enrolled in classes at BCTC must fill out an application for admission and a complete packet of all documents.
- Official HS Transcript/GED Scores and official college transcripts from every college attended (except KCTCS schools).
- ACT/SAT scores (either on an official High School transcript or official report from ACT/SAT).
- Pre-Admission conference attendance form.
The following documents are optional, but are strongly encouraged:
- Bennett Mechanical Comprehension Test Score Report.
- Letter showing evidence of industry practicum or shadowing completion.
- Letter from employer/supervisor showing evidence of industry work experience (minimum 6 months). Must include job responsibilities and length of employment.
- Copy of driver’s license.
- Proof of Kentucky Residency.
Reminder: Incomplete packets will not be accepted. Please turn in your packet to the Office of Admissions, Oswald Building, Room 203, Cooper Campus, by March 1. Please allow 10 business days to process your application to the automotive technology program. You will receive an automated e-mail informing you when your packet has been processed. To check on the status of your application you will need to login to your Selective Admissions System account.
For additional information about the program, please check out the Automotive Technology website.