Selective Admission: Practical Nursing (to become an LPN)
Please email BL-SelectiveAdmissions@kctcs.edu with any questions.
The process for applying is a Complete Application Packet format. Students must submit all documents below in one envelope to be considered for the program. Even if you have applied before and/or are currently enrolled, we will need all documents resubmitted to one of several locations:
- The Den (Newtown Campus)
- The Lawrenceburg campus
- The Danville campus by October 1 for the Spring class (Leestown campus ONLY) or March 1 for the Fall class (Leestown and Danville campuses) in order to be considered for admission.
Gather all of the documents required below for consideration to the Practical Nursing (to become an LPN) program and place them in one envelope:
- Create a Selective Admissions System account. Once you have an active account you can print a program checklist to begin the process. You must submit the checklist with your packet.
- Students who are currently enrolled in classes at BCTC must submit a complete packet of all documents listed here. Students who are not currently enrolled in classes at BCTC must fill out an application for admission and a complete packet of all documents.
- Official scores of the National League for Nursing (NLN-PAX-PN) Pre-Admission Test.
Please note that there are minimum NLN-PAX scores as a requirement for selective admission
to the Practical Nursing program:
- NLN-PN (composite) > 90
- NLN-Verbal > 45
- NLN-PN (composite) > 90
- In order to be considered for admission to the Practical Nursing (to become an LPN) Program, each applicant must attend a mandatory preadmission conference with the Program Coordinator. Please refer to the preadmission conference website for further information. Additionally, you may view the Admissions Practical Nursing (to become an LPN) Presentation to review admission requirements. However, please note that viewing this presentation does not meet the standard for the required preadmission conference.
You can contact:
- Melanie Sallee
Danville PN Coordinator
- Dr. Connie Lamb (Interim)
Associate Dean of Academic Affairs
Director of Nursing
If accepted for the program, applicants must attend a required practical nursing program orientation meeting and provide proof of the following by the end of the first week of classes in order to continue in the program. Students not in compliance with the following requirements by the end of the first week of class may be dropped from the program.
- Proof of Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) for the Health Care Provider.
- Proof of successful completion of a Medicaid Nurse Aide or equivalent course within the past three years; or proof of active status on the Medicaid Nurse Aide Registry.
- Required background check and vaccines. These requirements will be discussed at the orientation meeting.
Reminder: Incomplete packets will not be accepted. Please turn in your packet to a BCTC Office of Admissions by October 1 for the Spring class (Leestown campus ONLY) or March 1 for the Fall class (Leestown and Danville campuses). Please allow 10 business days to process your application to the Practical Nursing (to become an LPN) program. You will receive an automated e-mail informing you when your packet has been processed. To check on the status of your application you will need to login to your Selective Admissions System account.
For additional information about the program, please check out the Practical Nursing (to become an LPN) website.