We encourage authors, poets, and artists of diverse backgrounds and interests to submit
their work for consideration. Our goal is to support and provide opportunities for
the growth of the arts at the college and in the community.
Below are the guidelines for submitting your work to be considered for publication
in the Bluegrass Accolade:
- Currently published once a year, in the spring. Submissions accepted during an annual
posted review period (usually mid-November through mid-February). Works selected
for publication in the current review period will appear in the upcoming spring semester
Who Can Submit
What to Submit
- Submissions are limited to a maximum of five poems, two short stories, or 4 photographs/photographs
of artwork per person in any one review period.
- All submissions must be your own original, unpublished work
- No anonymous submissions will be accepted.
- Short stories should be no more than a maximum of 6,000 words in length. Short stories
must be submitted electronically via email as a Microsoft Office Word document attachment,
- Photos can be either photos of an original three dimensional artwork you have created,
or the photos themselves can be the art object (i.e., photographic art ). Both black
and white and full color photos will be considered. Photos must be submitted electronically
via email as a .jpeg format attachment.
- Poems should be no more than 50 lines in length. Poems must be submitted electronically
via email as a Microsoft Office Word document attachment.
- Simultaneous submissions are not accepted. If you submit a poem, short story or artwork
to Bluegrass Accolade, it should not be submitted to another publication at the same
- By submitting your work to the Bluegrass Accolade, you have indicated your consent
for us to publish that work in our journal, including online. All accepted manuscripts
may receive minor proofing including those related to overall presentation, such as
any typeface changes or other minor editorial changes.
- Submission email must contain your name, title of works submitted, e-mail address,
and a brief biographical statement in the content/body of the email. Please do not
put contact information on the attachment(s) themselves (poems/short stories, artwork).
- Include words "Literary Journal" and submission type ("short story," "poetry," or
"art") in the subject line of your email.
Where to Submit
- Email your submissions to Maureen Cropper, Managing Editor of the Bluegrass Accolade,
at email@example.com Submissions will be reviewed in the spring by the Editorial
Board, composed of members of the BCTC Arts in Focus Literary Arts Subcommittee.
- Submissions will not be returned, so do not submit your only copy, please. You will
be notified only if your work is selected for the spring annual publication.
Thank you for sharing your work with us!