Interlibrary Loan Service
Allow at least two (2) weeks for your ILL item to arrive for pick-up.
The Interlibrary service is used by BCTC students, faculty, or staff to request to borrow an item from another library if we do not own or have access to the item in our BCTC Library collection.
Please note: If an item is already available as part of our BCTC library collection, you may not use the interlibrary loan service to request it. Please check Primo to see if we already have the item or article before placing a request. If you need assistance finding an item already in our collection, please ask at the library and we will help you.
How to place an ILL request
- Use one of the forms below to place an ILL request.
- After you have placed an ILL request, you will be notified by email when the requested Interlibrary loan item is available. The amount of time you can keep the item that has been loaned to you will vary, depending on the lending institution's policies.
- Please pick up your ILL item promptly when notified; borrowers who fail to pick up ILL requested items (after notification is sent to your KCTCS email address) will be charged $5.00 (or the lending library's fee, plus shipping charges, whichever is greater).
- Return the ILL item to the BCTC library location where you picked it up. If you do not return the item by its due date, you will be subject to an overdue fine of $1.00 per day for ILL items. In addition, ILL items five (5) days overdue are declared LOST, and patrons will be required to pay for the replacement cost of the ILL item.
- Interlibrary loan requests made by students for textbooks in lieu of purchasing required course materials will not be processed.
- The BCTC Interlibrary loan service is available to BCTC students, faculty, and staff, only.
Request for Book or Audiovisual
Before submitting an interlibrary loan request for a book or audiovisual, first check Primo to see if we already have the item available to you in our BCTC library collection.
Request for Journal or Magazine Article
Before submitting an interlibrary loan request for a journal or magazine article, first check Primo to see if we already have the journal article available to you in our BCTC library collection.
If you have any questions about Interlibrary Loan, please contact technical services at: (859) 246-6386